Created in 1938 for the Royal Italian Navy as the first Panerai watch, the Radiomir was characterized by its large size and water-resistant case, the legibility of the dial in immersion, its robustness in extreme use conditions, a reliable movement.
Presented in 1997 in a Replica version, an edition limited to 60 units, the Radiomir became a rarity much sought after by collectors throughout the world for the restrained elegance of its design, with its cushion case, wire loop strap attachments and for the technical features of the used mechanisms: reliable haute-horlogerie movements.
Originally welded to the case, today the strap attachments are fixed by an exclusive system of screws (patent pending), developed by Panerai, which makes it very easy to change the strap.
The Radiomir Panerai watch is today available with cases 42 mm or 40 mm in diameter. The metals used are special AISI 316 L steel, 18ct solid white gold and 18ct solid pink gold.
PAM 141 (steel, black dial; now discontinued)
PAM 98 (steel, black dial; GMT/Alarm functions)
PAM 184 (steel, black dial; GMT function)
PAM 185 (18ct white gold, black guilloche dial; GMT function)
PAM 62 (18ct white gold, black dial)
PAM 103 (18ct pink gold, black dial)
- Movement: automatic mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP VII calibre, 11˝ lignes, 26 jewels, bridges and 18ct yellow gold oscillating weight personalised PANERAI. Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alterations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 55 hours. Chronometer Certificate (C.O.S.C.).
- Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
- Case: diameter 42 mm in AISI 316L polished steel; diameter 40 mm in 18ct white or pink gold. Removable wire loop strap attachments (patented). Winding crown personalized OP.
- Bezel: polished steel; 18ct white or pink gold.
- Back: see-through sapphire crystal.
- Crystal: sapphire, formed of corundum, 1.5 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 100 meters.
- Strap: alligator with PANERAI personalized buckle.
Click to return to Reference Index page